Dharamshala is place located in Kangra district at a distance of 18km from Kangra city. It is famed as the holy residence of Tibetan Lama also known as Dalai Lama and the houses of Tibetan monks in exile . The city is distinctively separated in two divisions with different altitudes. The lower division is located in Dharamshala town and upper division is popular in its own which is named as Mcleodganj which is also popularly known as the Little Lhasa.
Being a Tibetan hub Dharamshala is considered as one of the best place to learn and explore Buddhism and Tibetan culture because Dharamshala has always been amenable to different culture and knowledge. There is a library of Tibetan works and archives which is home of about 80,000 manuscript which reflects Tibetan culture and history in a positive way.
Places you can Visit:
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium: -it is located at the height of 1456 metres above sea level it is one of the highest sports grounds in the world. This stadium is open for tourist even when no tourists even when there is no match. You may get confused whether to look at the Beauty of mountain or match.
- Dharamshala international Film festival: - This festival is for both filmmaker and volunteers and also travellers from far and wide. This festival is celebration of art and strong independent cinema.
- St. John in the wilderness Church: - this church was build in 1852 and it is one of the famous churches in Himachal Pradesh and it is also one of the oldest build structure of Dharamshala, the final resting place of lord Ergin.
- Tsuglagkhang Complex: - it is a religious centre. This complex also House public and private sessions of Dalai Lama along with Tibetan dance and music performances.
- Namgyal Monastery: - it is the famous monastery and largest Tibetan temple outside the boundary of Tibet. The prayer wheels, the Tibetan style architecture and overall theme is visually appealing and mesmerizing.
- Gyuto Monastery: -the monastery with a mesmerizing dhauladhar in its background is one of the finest tourist of Dharamshala. It is quite popular for its research on Buddhist Philosophy, Tantric rituals, and Tantric meditation.
If you also wish to explore and experience your spiritual side there’s probably no better place than India. So, if you’re interested in a spiritual trail in India. You can go with our luxury tours for budhisit sector - Budhhist Routes.
or you can explore the Bhudhist Routes in a Luxury Train speically for the budhhist sector. The Train take you Delhi - Gaya - Bodhgaya - Nalanda - Rajgir - Gaya - Varanasi- Sarnath - Gorakhpur - Kushinagar - Lumbini - Gorakhpur - Gonda - Sravasti - Gonda - Agra - Delhi . The Budhist Sector Special Luxury Train is Mahaparinirvana Express Train
To reach out us for queries and any other information.
Or for further information leave us mail at given email-id below: -